There were a number of features that were to be kept and a few additional ones that we were able to implement.
Core features of the new system include:
- Adding, editing and deleting of user accounts
- Secure subscribers area via integrated logon
- Flag up account expiries within a month of requiring renewal
- Updating the main site navigation through the system
- Uploading of HTML files which are used as the main pages of the website
The old system's CMS allowed for the website administrators to create and amend pages through an online web
editor. Although these editors can be quite comprehensive, this one proved to be quite fussy at completing even
the simplest of tasks.
As the website administrators are quite competent with creating basic HTML pages, the new system was written
to allow for an HTML page to be uploaded and processed to display within the secure area of the website.